Reviewed by Health Coach Carli Webb, MS
Recipe source: Gimme Some Oven, Serves 2
- 2 Chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 or 3 Sweet potatoes
- Everything bagel seasoning (2 TBS)
- Garlic powder (1⁄2 tsp)
- Paprika (1⁄2 tsp)
- Salt (1⁄4 tsp)
- Black pepper (1⁄8 tsp)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Fill a large bowl with 4 cups of water and ¼ cup of salt, then stir to combine. Place the chicken breasts in the bowl for 15 minutes to brine.
- Meanwhile, peel the sweet potatoes and cut o! both ends, then cut into ¼” thick fries. On a small baking pan, toss sweet potato fries with olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Once the chicken is brined, remove the breasts from the bowl, rinse with water, then pat dry with paper towels. On a second small baking pan, add the chicken, rub with olive oil, then add the everything bagel seasoning.
- Add both pans to the oven. Bake the chicken for 18-20 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. Bake the fries for 10 minutes, then toss fries and cook for another 5-15 minutes until well browned.