Reviewed by Health Coach Carli Webb, MS
Recipe source: Rhian’s Recipes, Yields 12 Servings, Serving Size: 1 Muffin
Low Carb, Vegetarian
- Almond meal (1 1⁄4 cup)
- Almond milk (unsweetened)(4⁄5 cup)
- Baking powder (2 heaped tsp)
- Baking soda (1⁄4 tsp)
- Blueberries (fresh)(1 cup)
- Coconut oil (1⁄4 cup)
- GF flour (1 1⁄4 cup)
- Lemon juice (2 TBS)
- Maple syrup (8 TBS)
- Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place the coconut oil in a large bowl and melt over a saucepan of boiling water or in the microwave.
- Once melted, add the almond milk to the same bowl along with the lemon juice, maple syrup, vanilla, a pinch of salt, and almond meal.
- Sift in the GF flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well, adding a tiny splash more milk if it’s looking too dry.
- Add the fresh blueberries and fold in gently, making sure not to crush them.
- Transfer the mixture to a muffin tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until risen and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Tastes best when fresh, but keeps covered in the fridge for up to a few days.