Reviewed By Health Coach Yasmine Russell
Yields ~4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 pizza, Vegetarian
- Chickpeas (one 29oz can)
- Basil (1 tsp)
- Oregano (1 tsp)
- Rosemary (1 tsp)
- Thyme (1 tsp)
- Salt (1⁄2 tsp)
- Black pepper (a pinch)
- Lemon juice (a squeeze)
Tip: If you don’t need 4 personal-sized pizzas, you can always use the dough to make two larger pizzas. Or you could make 2 personal pizzas, one for now and one to save for later, and then use the remaining dough to make one larger pizza for dinner later in the week.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl or food processor, add chickpeas, 4 TBS of olive oil, thyme, rosemary, basil, oregano, black pepper, salt, a squeeze of lemon juice, and 1-2 Tbsp of water.
- Mix until combined, then mash with a fork or potato masher until smooth (if using a food processor: run until smooth).
- Use the mashed chickpea mixture to make 3-4 flat personal-sized “pizza crusts” on a baking pan.
- Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, then take out and add sauce/toppings of choice.
- Put pan back in the oven and bake for about 10 more minutes.