Dr. Lawson is the founder and medical director of Proactive Wellness Centers, PLC (PWC) of Vienna, Virginia. Founded in 2006, PWC is one of the leading integrative and functional medicine specialty practices in the metropolitan DC area serving patients from Northern Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC and many who travel 1000s of miles. She is one of the elite Bredesen Certified practitioners under the new ReCode 2.0 protocol.
The practice reflects her passion to bring an integrative approach to patient care that merges the latest in scientifically-validated treatment protocols with the best of conventional medical therapies.
Dr. Lawson spent the first 20 years of her career practicing “traditional” medicine, focused on medication and surgical interventions. Not satisfied this was the optimal approach to patient care, she left to start Proactive Wellness Centers as a practice that specializes in treating men and women with bioidentical hormone replacement, weight management, CIRS/Mold illness, Lyme disease, Mast Cell Activation Disorder and parasitic infections.
Across all modalities, Dr. Lawson uses a functional approach to treating and preventing chronic disease, and therapies to reverse the symptoms of aging and enhance overall wellness and longevity.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.), Oklahoma State University Center for Health Sciences
Beauty and Aesthetics | Chronic Conditions | Gut Health | Hormone Health | Immune Health | IV Therapy | Longevity and Regenerative Medicine | Lyme Disease | Men’s Health | Sexual Health | Weight Loss and Detox | Women’s Health
AFFILIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
- Certified Practitioner, Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM)
- ReCode 2.0 Certified with Dr. Dale Bredesen for the treatment of Mild Cognitive Impairment and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Shoemaker-Certified physician for diagnosing and treating Mold/Biotoxin illnesses
- Board-Certified in Anti-Aging/Regenerative Medicine (ABAARM) for more than 12 years
- Completed the BaleDoneen preceptorship for Heart Attack and Stroke Prevention
- Gx Sciences Trained Nutrigenomics provider