As a proponent of psychedelic medicine and ketamine infusion therapy in the treatment of mood disorders and chronic pain, Julie Hamilton, NP, has overseen more than 2500 intravenous ketamine sessions. Julie believes the body’s natural state is one of health, and only when outside factors disrupt this balance, does “Dis-ease” develop. In her practice, Julie’s goal is to restore the body’s natural balance by removing obstacles to health.
She has witnessed firsthand the shortcomings of conventional medicine and therefore seeks to integrate alternative, Eastern modalities into the care of her patients. Julie is passionate about patient-centered, non-pharmacological care. Meditation, reiki, nutrition, yoga, and sleep each play an important role in health. Julie is LGBTQIA allied and non-binary allied. She holds a deep appreciation for multiculturalism and diversity.
- Graduated magna cum laude from Georgetown University’s Family Nurse Practitioner program in Washington, DC
- BSN at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas
Ketamine Assisted Therapy | Chronic Illness | Lyme disease | Sleep Disorders
AFFILIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
- Serves as Captain in the Texas State Guard
- Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine in Tucson, Arizona
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM)
- Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine Member