Reviewed by Health Coach Carli Webb, MS
Recipe source: Unbound Wellness, Yields ~4-5 Servings, Serving Size: 1 burger, Low Carb
- Ground chicken (1 lb)
- 3 Avocados
- 2 Limes
- Spinach (1⁄2 cup)
- Cilantro (2 TBS)
- Coconut flour (2 TBS)
- Avocado oil (5 TBS)
- Garlic powder (2 tsp)
- Onion powder (2 tsp)
- Butter lettuce leaves (optional)
- Rinse the produce with water, then dry. Halve the avocados and remove the skin and seeds. Take 1 avocado and dice into chunks, set the other 2 aside. Roughly chop the spinach and cilantro. Halve the limes.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ground chicken, spinach, cilantro, coconut flour, juice from 1 lime, 1 TBS avocado oil, garlic powder, onion powder, 1 tsp salt, and 1⁄2 tsp black pepper. Mix to combine.
- Very gently fold the diced avocado into the mixture, being careful not to smash the avocado.
- Form the mixture into 4-5 burgers and set aside.
- Add a drizzle of avocado oil to a skillet on high heat. Add the burger patties to the pan (you may have to work in batches) and cook 5 minutes per side until the internal temperature of the patties is 165°F.
- Meanwhile, use a blender to combine the remaining 2 avocados, 4 TBS avocado oil, juice from the remaining lime, 1⁄4 tsp of salt, and 1⁄8 tsp of black pepper. Blend on high speed until smooth, this will create a creamy avocado sauce.
- When the patties are done, serve with butter lettuce leaves as buns (optional) and avocado sauce.