Chronic Infection, Illness, and Disease Testing
At Forum Health Lansdowne, we believe in the power of knowledge. One crucial aspect of your overall health is to identify the presence of chronic infections in your body that may be causing unexplained, persistent symptoms. Our Forum Health Lansdowne physicians use advanced blood tests to identify chronic infections and understand which treatment plan would be best for your body’s unique needs.
Why test for chronic infections?
What does the test measure?
A Chronic Infections panel typically involves a series of tests to assess and identify various infections that might persist in the body over an extended period. The specific tests included in the panel can vary, but commonly, it may involve assessing for different types of infectious agents.
- Antibody Levels: Measurement of antibody levels in the blood against various pathogens to determine past or ongoing infections.
- Inflammatory Markers: Certain chronic infections can cause ongoing inflammation in the body.
- Bacterial Infections: This might involve tests to detect specific bacteria or their antibodies, like tests for tuberculosis (TB), Lyme disease, or chronic urinary tract infections.
- Viral Infections: Testing for chronic viral infections, such as hepatitis B or C, HIV, Epstein-Barr virus (EBV), or cytomegalovirus (CMV), might be included in the panel.
- Parasitic Infections: This may involve tests for parasites like Toxoplasma gondii, which causes toxoplasmosis, or other parasites depending on geographic location and suspected exposure.
When Should You Consider This Test?
If you are experiencing persistent, prolonged, or recurrent symptoms, your Forum Health provider may want to run a Chronic Infections panel. Some symptoms that might prompt consideration for chronic infections testing include:
- Unexplained Chronic Fatigue
- Frequent or Recurrent Episodes of Fever
- Unexplained Weight Loss
- Chronic or Intermittent Pain
- Frequent or Recurring Infections (Urinary Tract Infections or Respiratory Infections)
- Prolonged Gastrointestinal or Digestive Symptoms
- Enlarged or Swollen Lymph Nodes
- Chronic Rashes, Lesions, or Skin Changes
How We Utilize This Data to Optimize Your Health
We test for different types of infectious agents such as bacteria, viruses, or parasites, and consider factors like diet, environment, and lifestyle.
Based on your results, our experienced providers craft a customized plan to reset your body and support your overall health.
We’re with you every step of the way, monitoring your progress, and adjusting as needed to ensure your journey to health is a success.
Don’t let persistent symptoms compromise your health. Listen to your body and take control of your well-being by contacting Forum Health Vienna today!