Allergy Testing with Forum Health Lansdowne
Do you often find yourself battling unexplained symptoms, from mysterious skin rashes to persistent digestive issues? Have you ever considered that your body might be trying to tell you something about allergies? At Forum Health Lansdowne, we believe in the transformative power of knowledge when it comes to your health.
Why Test for Allergies?
Allergies are immune reactions triggered by exposure to specific substances, or allergens, resulting in exaggerated immune responses with unpleasant symptoms. Diagnosing and treating allergies can be challenging due to their varied and sometimes delayed symptom presentation!
Uncover Hidden Culprits
Allergies aren’t just about sneezing and itchy eyes. They can manifest in countless ways, affecting your skin, gut, energy levels, and more. Allergy testing helps identify triggers that may be contributing to your symptoms.
We believe in a personalized approach to healthcare. Allergy testing allows us to tailor a treatment plan specifically for you, addressing the root causes of your health concerns rather than just managing symptoms.
Knowing your allergies can help you make informed choices about your diet, lifestyle, and environment, reducing the risk of future health issues and promoting overall wellness.
Improved Quality of Life
Imagine a life free from constant discomfort. Identifying and managing allergies can significantly enhance your daily well-being, allowing you to live your life to the fullest.
Allergy testing can reveal underlying immune system imbalances. By addressing these, you can boost your body’s natural defense mechanisms and strengthen your resilience against illness.
Peace of Mind
Finally, allergy testing offers peace of mind. It provides clarity about your health, giving you the tools to take control and actively work towards a healthier, more vibrant you.
What Do Allergy Tests Measure?
- Skin Prick Test (SPT): This test quickly checks for immediate allergic reactions by putting tiny amounts of allergen extracts on your skin and watching for any skin reactions, like redness or swelling. It’s useful for finding out if you’re allergic to things like pollen, dust mites, certain foods, or pet dander.
- Blood Tests (Serologic Tests): These tests look for special antibodies in your blood that your body produces when it reacts to allergens. They help identify allergies to various things, like foods, pollen, mold, or insect venom.
- Patch Test: This test helps us discover delayed skin reactions, like rashes or itching, caused by potential allergens. We put small amounts of these substances on patches and place them on your skin to see if there’s a reaction.
- Oral Food Challenge: If we suspect you have a food allergy, we can do this test under close medical supervision. It involves eating a small amount of the suspected food to see if you have any allergic reactions.
- Intradermal Test: Similar to the Skin Prick Test, but it involves injecting a tiny bit of allergen extract just beneath the surface of your skin. This method is more sensitive in detecting allergies.
- Provocation Testing: These specialized tests are designed for specific allergens, like certain medications or insect stings. We use them to safely expose you to these substances in a controlled clinical setting to see if there’s an allergic reaction.
When Should You Consider an Allergy Test?
Are you experiencing persistent symptoms like sneezing, fatigue, or digestive issues? Have unexplained reactions to certain foods or environments left you puzzled? If you have a family history of allergies, suffer from chronic skin problems, respiratory issues, or digestive distress, it may be time to consider allergy testing. Even if you’re symptom-free, proactive allergy testing can be part of your wellness strategy.
At Forum Health, we offer personalized allergy testing solutions to uncover the triggers affecting your health. Our experienced functional medicine team will guide you toward a path of optimal well-being, ensuring you make informed choices for a healthier, allergy-aware life. Embrace your journey to wellness today – your health is your power.
How We Use Testing Data to Optimize Your Health
Once we identify your allergens, we work with you to create a personalized treatment plan. Whether it’s dietary adjustments, lifestyle changes, or targeted therapies, our goal is to address the root causes of your health issues and guide you toward lasting wellness.