Besides being important for bone health and immunity, vitamin D helps boost your sex hormones. Salmon is an excellent source of this fat-soluble vitamin! It’s also high in omega-3 fatty acids, which are anti-inflammatory and have been shown to reduce the risk of breast and prostate cancer.
Salmon & Kale Caesar Salad
- 5 cups kale (chopped into bite-sized pieces, stems removed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Hass avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, hulled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Two 6-ounce cans wild-caught salmon (excess liquid drained)
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen caesar dressing
Add kale to a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil on top. Massage handfuls of kale leaves until they darken and soften (about 1 minute).
Add remaining ingredients and gently toss. Before adding salmon, break it up by mashing with a fork.
Add 1/4 cup dressing and toss to coat.
Brand names are referenced for informational purposes only. Such references do not constitute endorsement or recommendation by Forum Health LLC.