John Wilson, MD values old-fashioned aspects of the practice of medicine that increase patient and practitioner satisfaction alike, including longer appointment times to get to know his patients, listening, and comprehensive physical exams as well as the use of humor and a relaxed setting.
He is married and has two grown sons. He enjoys people, spending time with his wife, bluegrass music, getting man-time on his tractor taking care of neighborhood roads and keeping current on innovative medical advances that honor his guiding philosophy: “Biology first, pharmacology second.”
- MD, University of Minnesota
- Environmental Medicine
- Clinical Metal Toxicology
- Neural Therapy
Autoimmunity | Gastrointestinal Disorders | Lyme Disease | Menopause
AFFILIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
- Served as clinical associate professor at the University Of Minnesota School Of Medicine.
- Served as clinical associate professor at the University of Minnesota-Duluth School of Medicine
- Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Fellow of the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM)
- Served as president of AAEM
- Served as Continuing Medical Education (CME) Chairman for AAEM
- Recipient of the AAEM’s Jonathan Foreman Award for outstanding effort in promoting environmental medicine.
- Recipient of the Gary Strong award by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT)
- Founding member, board member and past president of the North Carolina Integrative Medical Society (NCIMS)
- Served as president of the International College of Integrative Medicine
HOW TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT:
Dr. Wilson is no longer accepting patients. To schedule an appointment with another provider at our Asheville location please contact our office by calling (828) 252-9833.