Tomato soup is the perfect comfort food on a rainy, cold day, but did you know that tomatoes can offer several benefits for men’s health? Antioxidant-rich tomatoes contain lycopene which is linked to a decrease in the risk of prostate cancer, and vitamin C which is associated with increased fertility and higher sperm concentrations.
Plus, our delicious tomato soup recipe is packed with healthy, plant-based protein to help build, repair and maintain healthy muscles, skin, hair, nails and cartilage in addition to making enzymes, hormones and other important body chemicals.
- 6 tomatoes chopped (Roma or beefsteak)
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups of organic low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can of your favorite beans
- 1-2 tablespoons of oil olive
- Half of a red onion, diced
- In a large pot over medium, sauté onions and garlic until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Cook for 30minutes.
- Remove from stove and let cool. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!