By Dr. Wally Taylor
Sustained levels of stress can lead to inflammation and chemical imbalances that result in disease. In this blog, we’ll discuss ways to eliminate stress and reverse some of the damaging effects on our bodies.
Here are eight strategies that have been successfully employed to relieve stress:
- Reduce your exposure to media stress-Why worry about situations on the evening news that you cannot control?
- Make it a priority to spend time for yourself-Take time to pursue a hobby, enjoy nature, read a book, or meditate
- Take time for regular physical exercise-The stress-reducing benefits of vigorous physical activity are undeniable
- Develop healthy sleep habits-Try to establish a consistent sleep routine and create a quiet, dark sleep environment
- Learn to eat a healthy diet-Limit use of stimulants like caffeine and nicotine and avoid sugar and sweets
- Practice self-affirmations often-Learn to say positive and uplifting things to yourself-even out loud
- Take time to listen to relaxing music and natural sounds-an environmental background sound CD can be great
- Learn to set realistic expectations for your performance-most of us expect way too much perfection from self
Don’t forget that even if you can manage to lower your stress level even a little that the results in the health of your brain and body are often magnified. You may find that the more you practice stress reduction, the easier it becomes.
To learn how to manage your stress better, schedule your free 15-minute consultation today by clicking here.